Jervis Bay Rentals is a family run business started in 2010 that has positioned itself at the more discerning end of the holiday rental market in Vincentia, Huskisson and Hyams Beach.
Our business model is completely different to that of other property managers in that we focus strongly on the guest experience, rather than cutting corners to keep tariffs low. Our aim is always for referral and repeat business by exceeding guest expectations, not offering the lowest price.
We’ve found the worst case scenario for owners engaging Jervis Bay Rentals is a similar net profit to that acheived by other managers yet a property maintained to a much higher standard. A more realistic outcome is owners making significantly more money and their properties being lifted to a whole new level in terms of general maintenance and presentation.
We achieve our aims by managing no more properties than we can comfortably service. For us it is imperative that all our booking staff know every property intimately and we have the resources to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises for guests.
The end result is we only take on properties that we know will meet our target market’s requirements and where we have the resourses to manage them without compromising service levels for other properties we are looking after.
A few interesting facts
- Since 2010 we’ve only had 2 clients leave us for other managers (although one of those came back after 12mths!)
- 98.7% of past guests would “Refer us to a friend or family”.
- We’ve never had a property “trashed”.
- More than 1 in 5 bookings are repeat or referral guests. We have a very loyal customer base.
- We have 3 times more booking staff than most holiday letting businesses employ. Service, service, service!
- We don’t want to get huge. We are happy to service fewer properties, but manage them exceptionally well.
From an owner’s perspective
- We maintain properties to a very high standard. This attention to detail is one aspect that sets us apart.
- We focus on a high net return. Jervis Bay Rentals employ a high cost, high service, high profit model.
- We screen out party groups. Managers who accept online bookings without talking to guests can’t do this effectively.
From a guest’s perspective
Properties managed by JBRentals:
- Are fastidiously cleaned. For every booking we complete a full clean (typically 6 or 7 working hours), have our maintenance person tidy the outside, clean windows and carry out basic repairs, and a supervisor checks the lot before every guest arrives.
- Have no extra costs. No credit card fees, linen included, no extras for cots or highchairs, free callouts if there is an issue.
- Have people actually talk to them. We call all prospective guests to ensure they have end up in the correct property.
- Are reliable. We only manage high quality properties that are likely to attract repeat guests.